There is something for everyone on a Royal Caribbean Cruise Line vacation. All the ships are packed with fun and activities, but the Oasis Class ships take things up a notch! There are currently 4 Oasis Class ships available for booking: Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, and Symphony of the Seas. The first ship in the class, Oasis of the Seas made its maiden voyage in 2009.
These ships are huge! In fact, Symphony of the Seas is currently the world's largest cruise ship. In March of 2019, I was able to take a 7 night sailing on Allure of the Seas and we absolutely fell in love with the Oasis Class of ships. Here's a list of things that we enjoyed and what you may also love on an Oasis Class ship:
1) The Ship is a Destination -With all there is to see and do on an Oasis Class ship, it's a destination itself! I'm convinced that you could have a full vacation with all the ship has to offer without ever getting off the ship at a port. There is a rock climbing wall, a zip line, TWO Flowriders, an ice rink, bars, restaurants, entertainment, pools, a spa, kids clubs, and the adults only Solarium. I don't think there's a single resort that could offer all the amenities that are available on an Oasis Class ship.
2) Central Park -The Oasis Class ships are divided into several neighborhoods, but my FAVORITE is Central Park. This area has plenty of seating in the beautiful setting. It quickly became my favorite place to read and drink my coffee in the morning. There are multiple restaurants and a quick service eatery located in this neighborhood. My favorite thing is all the vegetation. It really feels like you are in the middle of the park! This area is especially beautiful at night. You can also book a balcony stateroom that overlooks the park.
3) Food -There are SO many options. We are definitely foodies, so that's something that's super important to us. Since I'm a Pescatarian, it's also important to have lots of veggie and seafood options. We loved the Windjammer buffet for breakfast and occasionally for dinner too. We ate in the Main Dining Room for several dinners (we have a tendency to skip "formal" night). We also tried one of the specialty restaurants: Sabor. It was delicious. The menu in the Main Dining Room is posted each day, so you can start to thing about what you want for dinner!
4) Shows -The Oasis Class ships have the unique Aqua Theater. Our first night on board we got to take in one of the shows. The show started at 10PM. I was worried, because normally that's WAY past my bedtime, but the show was so exciting that I didn't even notice. There are also theatrical productions in the main theater. We were able to enjoy Mamma Mia! The talent was extraordinary and we had a great evening taking in the show.
5) Smooth Embarkation and Debarkation -With a ship as large as these Oasis Class ships, many of my clients are worried about lines to get on and off the ship. I'm thrilled to report that is not the case! We were able to get on the ship effortlessly, having completed online check in before arriving at the Port of Miami. Additionally, we never waited in a line at any of the ports. There are 2 gangways on the Oasis Class ships, so that definitely helps expedite the process.
Ready to plan your 2021 or 2022 cruise vacation? Let me help you pick the ship and itinerary that is right for you! Email me at KellyP@MagicalAdventuresTravel.com to get started today :)